To create or run automations that automate applications that run in the Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer browsers, install the Pega Browser Extension (PBE) component.
The following instructions are for a stand-alone install or update of PBE. If you are installing PBE as part of a Robot Studio or Robot Runtime install, begin with step 5.
- Go to My Software and download the Robot Runtime setup file. For more information, see Downloading Pega Robotic Automation software.
- Extract the setup file into a temporary folder, and then locate the
- Ensure that the
PegaBrowserExtensionSetup.exefile is in the installation folder for Robot Runtime or Robot Studio, depending on which application you use.
- Right-click the
PegaBrowserExtensionSetup.exefile, and then select Run as Administrator.
- In the Welcome page, click Next.
- In the License agreement page, read the license, click Accept, and then click Next.
- In the Select installation folder page, browse to the folder in which to install, or accept the default installation folder. Then click Next.
- In the Browser extensions page, select the browsers that you will automate and indicate if you will use Group Policy to enable the extensions. Then click Next.
- In the Begin installation of Pega Browser Extension page,
Result: A dialog box shows the installation progress.
- After the installation finishes, click Finish.