To automate applications and streamline the workflows in your organization, install Pega Robot Studio, the main component of Pega Robotic Automation.
- Go to My Software and download the Robot Studio setup file. For more information, see Downloading Pega Robotic Automation software.
- Extract the setup file into a temporary folder, and then locate the
Note: For best results, install the system from a local drive, not a mapped drive.
- Right-click the
PegaRobotStudioSetup.exefile, and then select Run as Administrator.
- In the Welcome to the Rega Robot Runtime v22 Setup wizard dialog box, click Next.
- In the License agreement dialog box, click Accept to accept the terms of the license agreement.
- In the Select installation folder dialog box, click
Next to accept the default installation folder or
browse to the folder in which you want to install Robot Studio, and then click
Note: Do not install in a folder that contains a prior version of Robot Studio.
- In the Install RPA Service dialog box, select
Yes to create unattended automations that perform
work without user interaction. If you plan to only create attended automations,
click No. Then click Next.
Note: Ensure that the Pega RPA Service installer (
PegaRPAServiceSetup.exe) is located in the same folder as the Robot Studio installer. The Robot Studio Setup wizard starts the Pega RPA Service installer at the end of the Robot Studio install procedure.
- In the Connectivity configuration and
Connectivity configuration (continued) dialog boxes,
click Next to accept the settings and enable connections
to Robot Manager. The wizard
retrieves the necessary settings from your
CommonConfig.xmlfile.If necessary, modify the following fields:
Field Deacription RobotManager URL Enter the URL that you want the system to use to connect to Robot Manager. Proxy Enter the URL that you want the system to use to connect to the proxy server for Robot Manager Authentication
Select the type of authentication that you use. Choose from Basic or Kerberos.
For both unattended and attended robots, the default is Basic. For attended robots, this setting is overridden by the IdP setting when you enable IdP.
- In the Browser extensions dialog box, if you plan to
automate applications that run inside the Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
browser select Yes, otherwise select
No. Then click Next.
Note: Ensure that the Pega Browser Extension installer (
PegaBrowserExtensionSetup.exe) is located in the same folder as the Robot Studio installer. The Robot Studio Setup wizard starts the Pega Browser Extension installer at the end of the Robot Studio install procedure.
- In the Create application shortcuts dialog box, select the
application shortcuts that you want to install and click
Note: If you select the Startup folder option, Robot Studio launches when you start your computer.
- In the Begin installation of Pega Robot Studio dialog box,
click Install to begin the installation of Robot Studio.If you chose to install the Pega RPA Service or Pega Browser Extension or both, those installations begin now. For more information, see Installing Pega RPA Service by using the Setup wizard or Installing Pega Browser Extension by using the Setup wizard.
Result: The Setup wizard installs Robot Studio on your computer.
- In the Thank you dialog box, click Finish to close the Setup wizard.