Automate and integrate processes on the desktop to reduce errors and to give your staff more time to focus on higher-value, customer-oriented tasks.
By using Pega RPA to create attended automations, you can:
- Synchronize all your desktop applications with customer account information.
- Automatically launch or close applications on the desktop.
- Send updated customer account information from your Pega Platform application to one or more web or desktop applications.
- Streamline user workspaces. By automating communication among various desktop applications, users do not need to switch among several applications to update information.
For example, customers can submit a request to change their account information in your application. Automation can retrieve customer account information from an application that is running on a case worker's desktop and display it in an application form. Another automation can send the updated account information from your application to the case worker’s desktop application.
Use Pega Robot Studio to create automations that are integrated with your Pega application. The automation developer must configure the Robotic Activity with the following information:
- Case type class
- Robotic activity name
- All fields required to get or set data as part of the automation
- All the names must match those from the Flow action or Data Page
For example, your Pega application might contain fields that users can edit and whose values you want to send to the automation to fill other fields. The automation receives the required values (for example, First name, Last name, and Email address), and then feeds the information to all the required applications that are running on the desktop, performs the required steps and gets the required fields from these applications (for example, Credit Score and National Insurance Number). These fields must be marked as relevant records.
Fields that you add in Case Designer or Data Designer are automatically marked as relevant records. You can also add other fields (properties) that were created in Designer Studio on the Relevant Records landing page.
After the Robot Studio developer specifies a class name, the automation retrieves the fields that are marked as relevant records, and the developer can select which of those fields are to share. You can share scalar data only between your application and automation.
- Methods for integrating attended automations with your application
You can source automations in your application through flow actions or by means of data pages.
- Data page integration
You can also source your automation from a data page in your application. Data pages provide automatic access to data by populating page and page list properties with relevant data, depending on the circumstances and your business use case.