Use Project Explorer to add or organize project components such as automations, windows, or applications, to make your automations work more efficiently.
- From the Pega Robot Studio Start screen, open the project you want to manage.
- Click the Add button to open the
Add menu.You can also right-click in the Project Explorer and select Add.
- Select the type of component you want to add:
- Application bar
- Citrix content
- Existing file
- Asset (application type)
- Define the properties for the selected component.For example, for an automation, you would name the automation and click Add.
- If there are existing components in the Project Explorer, you can right-click
an existing component to access the Add menu for that
component.Sometimes the right-click Add menu offers options that are specific to that project component. For example, options for Application method, Application form, and Deploy asset are only available when you right-click an Application.You can use the right-click menu to perform these tasks:
- Open a component
- Delete a component
- Rename a component
- Expand or collapse folders
- Open a folder in File Explorer
- Copy the path of a component
- Project Explorer properties
The property grid on the Project Explorer can show two types of information: basic properties for each component that the project contains, and project-level properties for deployment, Pega Platform integration, references, and runtime messages.
- Add existing project item
Add an existing automation, application, or Windows form to your project, to save time and eliminate duplicated effort.