Use the Upgrade 19.1 solution option to migrate your Pega Robotic Automation version 19.1 solutions into projects that you can open and modify in Pega Robot Studio 22.1.
The Upgrade 19.1 solution option migrates only Pega Robotic Automation version 19.1 solutions. If you created solutions in Pega Robotic Automation version 8.0 SP1 or earlier, migrate those solutions to Pega Robotic Automation version 19.1 before you use this utility. For more information, see the Migrating from version 8.0 SP1 to 19.1 topic in the Pega Robotic Automation 19.1 Release Notes
Because Pega Robotic Automation version 22.1 no longer requires Microsoft Visual Studio, redesigned naming conventions and folder structures for your automation files better reflect the needs of automation developers. The Upgrade 19.1 solution option copies your Pega Robotic Automation version 19.1 solution to a new location, moves the files into the new Pega Robotic Automation version 22.1 folder structure and changes the file extensions.
After you run the Upgrade 19.1 solution option, inspect the result. If there is an issue that you cannot resolve, contact Pega Support for assistance.
When you use the Upgrade 19.1 solution option, the system performs the following tasks:
- Creates a root folder for the Pega Robotic Automation version 22.1 of each project, and then copies all the contents of the 19.1 project into subfolders of that root folder. The system places global items in a similar folder structure in the Globals section.
- Renames files as needed.
- Adds dependencies to automations to ensure that dependent automations, forms, and applications are displayed in the Palette.
- Migrates Pega Robotic Automationversion 19.1 variables to Pega Robotic Automation version 22.1 variables. The system ensures that all variables in the project are up to date, so you have access to the latest functionality.
- Moves all global items into a single global container and includes any global items that were placed directly into the global tray of automations. The system creates a detailed folder structure to ensure that you can identify the original location of the items.
- Migrates entry-point and exit-point parameters to the Pega Robotic Automation version 22.1 format.
- Migrates methods that reference the Runtime core, for example the AllProjectsStarted and TerminateRuntime methods.
- Migrates stringUtils, dateTimeUtils, timeSpanUtils, fileUtils, asoManager, startMyDay, DocumentOCR, currentUser, and messageManifest components to the new methods. These legacy components are deprecated. In Pega Robotic Automation version 22.1, you have direct access to these legacy component properties, methods, and events in the Toolbox .
- Migrates configuration information to the new environment overrides. Environment overrides provide the same functionality as the Configuration project items option of Pega Robotic Automation version 19.1, but in an easier-to-use format.
- Migrates the Message Manifest messages to the Pega Robotic Automation version 22.1 format.
The following diagram illustrates the migration process:
- Migrating your 19.1 solutions
Migrate your Pega Robotic Automation version 19.1 solutions to use the new features in Pega Robot Studio version 22.1 when working with existing automations.
- Reviewing the migration results
Review the comments in the Message column of the PegaUpgrade.log file to see the changes made when you select the Upgrade 19.1 project option.