Siebel Open UI is an open architecture that renders everything in HTML and makes it easier for you to customize the user interface. Pega RPA includes support for Seibel Open UI.
Pega Robot Studio supports Open UI as a Siebel application, the same way that Siebel High Interactivity (HI) is supported. Almost the same level of automation is provided (exceptions are listed later in this topic). If you already have Siebel HI solutions, you will need to re-create those solutions to approximate the same level of automation. An automated conversion utility can help you transition from Siebel HI. To request a copy of the conversion utility, contact your support representative.
- Application menu
- Screen navigation
Of these, Studio provides automation capabilities for Screen navigation and the View and its child components.
This control basically divides the page in half, horizontally. It contains one or more rows of tabs that let the user navigate to different views. The top row navigates to the home page for a major functional unit within the application, such as Contacts or Opportunities. The second row navigates to views within the selected major unit. The Screen Navigation control is implemented in the layout with a DIV element (and child elements) that has the ID: 's_sctrl'. This element is created when the page is loaded and remains in place for the lifetime of the document.
The View sits under the Screen Navigation component and contains the main functionality of the application. There are several types of component in a view:
- Applets - Groupings of controls that perform a particular job. On a typical 'list'-type view, there will be two applets - a list (data grid) on the top half and an edit form on the bottom half.
- List applets - List applets are a special type of applet. This is an applet has an embedded data grid that is used to show query results. It also serves as a way to inline-edit rows of data. Studio provides a rich set of support for List applets. See the list translator for more details.
- Applet controls - Applet controls are user-input controls that exist inside
applets. These include text boxes, combo boxes, multi-value controls, and
others. Pega Robotic Automation supports the following types of applet controls
in Open UI:
- MVP (Multi-value)
- Visibility navigation - This control that renders as a combo box and is generally found in a list applet. It contains all the child views within the current major group, such as Contacts, Opportunities, and so on.
- Detail navigation - This is a tab-based navigation control, similar to the Screen navigation control, but is a child of the View.
The View control is implemented in the layout with a DIV element (and many layers of child elements) that has this ID: '_sweview'. This element is created when the page is loaded and remains in place for the lifetime of the document.
Enabling Siebel Open UI
Use the AllowSeibelOpenUi setting in the StudioConfig.xml file to enable or disable the SiebelOpenUIFactory. This setting is in the app settings section:
<add key="AllowSiebelOpenUi" value="False" />
If you enter True, you must also delete the TargetFactoryConfigurationCache.xml file. You will find this file in the folder specified in the ConfigurationLocation setting in the CommonConfig.xml file. The default is False.
This setting only determines whether the factory is added to the adapter at interrogation time. If the factory is already part of the adapter, it will not be removed if you enter False.
You must close and restart Studio for this setting to take effect.
Files to inject
Using the SiebelOpenUIControlApplet match rule
Support for Open UI also includes the SiebelOpenUIControlApplet match rule. This rule matches on the name of the applet that contains the control.
Previous topic Interrogating Siebel