Pega provides support for the following Robotic Automation products for the current major version and the major prior version. See Version numbering for a definition of the major version. By following the available migration paths, you can move to the latest major version and use all the new features and capabilities for the following products:
- Robot Studio v22.1
- Robot Runtime v22.1
- Robot Studio v19.1
- Robot Studio Plug-in v19.1 for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- Robot Runtime v19.1
Each Pega Robotic Automation release is identified with a numerical version comprising four sets of digits separated by decimal points. The number to the left of the first decimal point represents the major version. The digit to the right of the first decimal point represents the minor version. Finally, the last two sets of numbers combined represent the maintenance build version. Every release, including the initial version of a new major release, contains all four sets of digits.
Incremental product changes
The maintenance builds provided within a release stream are cumulative, which means that all changes from earlier builds in the same release stream are included in the current build. For example, changes made in Pega Robotic Automation build 18.104.22.168 are carried forward to build 22.214.171.124.
If issues are identified in a build, those issues are researched and resolved. If changes are required, those changes are released in the next available build. For example, if a client identifies an issue in 126.96.36.199 and, once resolved, the next scheduled build is 188.8.131.52, the resolution is included in 184.108.40.206.
Pega supports each Robotic Automation Generally Available (GA) release as follows:
- Every major release is supported for a minimum of eighteen (18) months from the initial GA release date.
- Pega provides technical support and free software updates are available to the two most current Pega Robotic Automation major releases.
For this purpose, support is defined from two perspectives:
- Technical compatibility -- Pega does not automatically provide software updates for software versions that are past the 18-month support period, nor does it test these older versions with new technologies and third-party software.
- Client support -- Our technical support engineers might not be able to diagnose or resolve issues that occur in unsupported versions of Pega Robotic Automation. To take advantage of improved security, usability, functionality, and integration, you should always use the latest Pega Robotic Automation major and minor version.
Software support schedule
|Version||GA date||Entered extended support|
|22.1||September 22, 2022||Still supported|
|19.1||May 31, 2019||Still supported|
|8.0 SP1||July, 26 2018||January 13, 2023|
|8.0||August 10, 2016||May 31, 2019|
|7.1||April 02,2015||May 31, 2019|
For more information, see Pega Robotic Automation Release and Build Notes.
Support for the following versioned components, is available as long as the core product is supported. For example, Pega Native Foundation version 10.1.x is supported as long as version 19.1 is supported.
|Component||Pega Robotic Automation|
|Pega Native Foundation||Version 10.1.x||Version 10.1.x|
|Pega RPA Service||Version 3.1.x||Version 3.1.x|
|Pega Synchronization Server||Version 3.1.x||Version 3.1.x|
|Pega Synchronization Engine||Version 3.1.x||Version 3.1.x|
|Pega Browser Extension||Version 3.1.x||Version 3.1.x|
|Pega Package Server *||Version 3.1.x||Not available|
|Pega Runtime Router Service||Version 3.1.x||Not applicable|
|Pega Robotic Automation Security Token Service (STS)||Version 3.1.x||Version 3.1.x|
* Use Pega Robot Manager or Package Server to manage packages in version 19.1. For version 22.1, use Pega Robot Manager.