Pega Robot Studio cannot build projects that are on a network drive due to a change in Microsoft's .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR) between versions 2 and 4. Previously, .NET CLR allowed the loading of binaries by default. In later versions of .NET CLR, this is denied.
The following steps might resolve this issue. These steps let the Robot Studio deployment executable (OSD.exe) access any remote binaries on a network drive:
- Open Notepad.
- Paste in the following text:
<configuration> <runtime> <loadFromRemoteSources enabled=”true” /> </runtime> </configuration>
- Save the file as OSD.exe.config in the same folder as the OSD.exe program, such as in C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSpan\OpenSpan Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 for 8.0 SP1, or C:\Program Files\Pegasystems\Pega Robot Studio Plugin for 19.1.
- For the 8.0 SP1 standalone version of Robot Studio, save the file to the following folder: C:\Program Files\OpenSpan\OpenSpan Studio for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015\Application.
- For version 19.1 and later, save the file to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Pegasystems\Pega Robot Studio\Application.
- If you are using a 64-bit operating system, use the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\.
- Rebuild the project.