Adopting the Pega Cosmos design system
Pega Customer Relationship Management 8.5 includes two Pega Sales Automation applications: one built on UI Kit (PegaSalesAutomation.8) and the other built on the Cosmos design system (PegaSalesAutomationCosmos.8). To use applications built on the Cosmos design system, change the built-on application to PegaSalesAutomationCosmos.8.For more information about how to change the built-on application, see "Updating your built-on application" in the Pega Customer Service and Pega Sales Automation 8.5 Upgrade Guide on the Pega Sales Automation Product page.
For more information about Cosmos, see Pega Cosmos Design System.
Use the PegaSalesAutomationCosmos.8 application unless you need any of the following applications or features:
- Integration with Pega Customer Service and Pega Knowledge Management
- Market Development Fund (MDF)
- Close plans
- Timeline gadget
- Organization trends
If you need any of the applications or features listed, use the PegaSalesAutomation.8 application, which is based on UI-Kit.
To adopt Cosmos, use the following scenario:
- Upgrade your application to version 8.5.
For more information, see the Pega Sales Automation 8.5 Upgrade Guide on the Pega Sales Automation Product page, Pega Sales Automation for Insurance 8.5 Upgrade Guide on the Pega Sales Automation for Insurance Product page, Pega Sales Automation for Healthcare 8.5 Upgrade Guide on the Pega Sales Automation for Healthcare Product page, or Pega Sales Automation for Financial Services 8.5 Upgrade Guide on the Pega Sales Automation for Financial Services Product page.
- Depending on the level of customization, to adjust your application to use
Cosmos, follow the suggestions in articles below:
For any UI-related update that you made, you must first analyze the changes and their impact, and then point to the Cosmos-based application.
- Migrating an existing application from UI-Kit to Cosmos UI
- Customizing a Cosmos application
- Customizing the Case Summary Panel in Cosmos
- How to update the summary panel of the Cosmos UI inside a case flow action
- Creating a Basic Cosmos Work Application in Pega 8.3
- Creating and customizing case tabs in a Cosmos application
- Review all the access groups in your implementation layer and ensure that they point to the User Portal portal.
- Review all the roles in your implementation layer and modify the inherited role
from product layer to point to the Cosmos equivalent.
For example: The ImplLayer:SalesRep role inheriting from the PegaCRM-SFA:SalesRep role must be modified to inherit from the PegaCRM-SFACosmos:SalesRep role. Previous topic Configuring DocuSign