Adopting the Pega Cosmos design system
Pega Customer Relationship Management 8.6 includes two Pega Sales Automation applications: one built on UI Kit (PegaSalesAutomation.8) and the other built on the Cosmos design system (PegaSalesAutomationCosmos.8). To use applications built on the Cosmos design system, change the built-on application to PegaSalesAutomationCosmos.8.For more information about how to change the built-on application, see Updating your built-on application.
For more information about Cosmos, see Pega Cosmos Design System.
All of the Pega Sales Automation features use the Cosmos design and you can also use Cosmos if you want to integrate with Pega Customer Service even though Pega Customer Service is not Cosmos-based. Pega Sales Automation features will use Cosmos and Pega Customer Service will use UI Kit. It is recommended to use Cosmos because some 8.6 features are built in Cosmos only, for example, Cisco Webex Productivity Tools, or Zoom. To use these features and stay up to date with the latest design and functionality, select PegaSalesAutomationCosmos.8 as the built-on application.
To adopt Cosmos, use the following scenario:
- Upgrade your application to 8.6.
- Depending on the level of customization, to adjust your application to use
Cosmos, follow the suggestions in articles below:
For any UI-related update that you made, you must first analyze the changes and their impact, and then point to the Cosmos-based application.
- Migrating an existing application from UI-Kit to Cosmos UI
- Customizing a Cosmos application
- Customizing the Case Summary Panel in Cosmos
- How to update the summary panel of the Cosmos UI inside a case flow action
- Creating a Basic Cosmos Work Application in Pega 8.3
- Creating and customizing case tabs in a Cosmos application
- Review all the access groups in your implementation layer and ensure that they point to the User Portal portal.
- Review all the roles in your implementation layer and modify the inherited role
from product layer to point to the Cosmos equivalent.
For example: The ImplLayer:SalesRep role inheriting from the PegaCRM-SFA:SalesRep role must be modified to inherit from the PegaCRM-SFACosmos:SalesRep role.
- Review the Lead case type in your implementation layer and ensure that the case life cycle includes primary stages.
Previous topic Additional information Next topic Pega Sales Automation data model