Collaborate in Pulse
Pulse adds social activity stream capabilities to your user interface. With Pulse, application users can collaborate in real time, share comments, files, and URLs with other users, and take action directly from an activity stream. Pulse provides contextual behavior, so that its scope depends upon where you use it in a Pega Sales Automation application. You can broadcast to an entire sales team or share information only with users who have access to a specific lead or opportunity.
Feed sources on the Home, Pulse, and cases landing page
Follow a case to get feed entries about the case on the Home screen or Pulse landing page. Most Home feed sources have an equivalent in the case instance. The difference is that those feed sources directly depend on the ID of the appropriate case instance. Feed entries show up automatically on cases screens without having to follow them.
Some of the feed sources are defined on the Pega Platform level, and some are specific to Pega Sales Automation. To view all of the available feed sources, in Dev Studio, click.
Tasks and activities are presented by feed sources, and are still accessible within the feed. Tasks also appear in the To-do list of the case instance and on the Home landing page in the My worklist section when they are not yet complete.
The following feed sources are specific to Pega Sales Automation:
- Opportunity field history
- Shows changes on opportunities followed by the user, for example, amount, name, and owner, except for the close date and opportunity stage which is covered by separate feed sources.
- Account field history
- Shows changes to accounts followed by the user and also the former owner history.
- Contact field history
- Shows changes to contacts followed by the user, and also covers the former owner history.
- Appointments by contact
- Shows all appointments related to the contacts that a user follows.
- Close plan updates
- Shows close plan updates of the opportunities that a user follows.
- Completed tasks
- Shows completed tasks related to the case instances that a user follows.
- Contact added to organization
- Shows contacts added to the organizations that a user follows.
- Contact added to opportunity
- Shows contacts added to the opportunities that a user follows. The system fetches data from an index that presents the relation between the contact and the opportunity.
- Close date changes
- Shows the change of the opportunity close date. A user must follow the opportunity to see this feed.
- Opportunity stage history
- Shows the opportunity stage history. A user must follow the opportunity to see this feed.
- Customer activities
- Shows customer activities of the case instances that a user follows. The activities are immediately completed when they are captured.
For more information, see Creating feed sources for activity feeds and Adding feed sources to activity feeds.
Configuring tagging for work objects and Pulse posts
Every Pega Sales Automation user can tag work objects and use these tags as sorting phrases to organize data in a personalized way.
You can add a tag to work objects (organizations, accounts, contacts, leads, households, appointments, and opportunities), or to Pulse posts.
You can add a tag to work objects (organizations, accounts, contacts, leads, households, appointments, opportunities, policies, and quotes), or to Pulse posts.
To add a tag, open either a work object or a Pulse post and clickTo tag objects other than those mentioned above, configure tags in the following way: . To view all objects that have an associated tag, in the Pega Sales Automation navigation pane, click Tags.
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for crmWorkMenu and select the rule for the object that you want to configure.
- On the Editor tab, double-click the Tags line to open the tags configuration section.
- On the Actions tab, in the Local Action field, enter pzAssociateTags.
- Click OK and Save.
Previous topic Extending the user interface of case types Next topic Import your data