Use the Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant for Pega Sales Automation Outlook add-in to improve email productivity. The Outlook add-in uses natural language processing (NLP) to analyze email content and suggest tasks and email responses to sales representatives.
Configure the NLP for Outlook add-in by performing the procedures in this section.
Enabling NLP suggestions for email
To configure the NLP analysis for email in your application, enable NLP suggestions.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click , and then click the Microsoft Exchange tab.
- In the Outlook add-in settings section, select the Enable Suggestions Using NLP check box.
- In the header of App Studio, click Switch Studio, and then click Dev Studio.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click App, and then search for and open the Data-Channel-Email class.
- Create an email channel by performing the following steps:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click your application name, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click Email.
- Add and configure your channel:
- On the Configuration tab, in the Email channel name field, enter a name for the email channel that you want to create.
- Optional: In the Description field, enter a description for the channel.
- On the Behavior tab, in the Text Analyzer field, select the Record training data and Enable subject analysis check boxes.
- Click Save.When you save the channel, the system creates the default text analyzer with your channel configuration.
- In the top-right corner, click , and then search for the pzInsKey value.
- Copy the pzInsKey value.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click , and then search for and select the EmailChannelHandle dynamic system setting.
- In Value field, paste the pzInsKey contents, and then click Save.
Editing the text analyzer rule
After configuring the channel, associate topics with reply templates.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of your application, and then click Channels and
interfaces and open your email channel.
Note: For the steps below, use the PegaSalesAutomation1a443529ec5e46c991b0565447a7b812 text analyzer rule as an example.
- On the Behavior tab, in the Text Analyzer section, click Open the text analyzer rule.
- Configure your text analyzer:
- On the Select Analysis tab, in the Text categorization section, in the Topic model field, add the topic model of your text analyzer.
- In the Topic preference section, choose one of the following options:
- For new models, select the Always user rule based topics radio button.
- For models that you have already trained, select the Use Model based topics if available radio button.
- Ensure that the Enable intent detection check box is cleared.
- Click Save.
Optional: Configuring custom cases
Pega Sales Automation features a Create task case that you can edit and use. To implement NLP suggestions for your business cases, review the suggested custom configuration steps for cases.
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for and select the OutlookSuggestCase section to view the suggested cases and a configuration example.
- To map entities, drag the parameters to the Create Work
- Click View properties next to the cell that you want to modify.
- On the Actions tab, drag the parameters to the Create Work action.
- To further configure the Create Work action, choose any of
the following actions:
- To support the NLP feedback mechanism, select AssociatedID as one of the parameters.
- To Support NLP suggestions for cases other than the Create task case, in the header of Dev Studio, search for and select the 8.2 compatible with Outlook crmNewHarnessButtons_Mobile section.
- To configure the Discard button, click View properties, and then on the Actions tab, add the RemovedFeedbackDataOnCancel data transform.
- To configure the Create task button, click View properties, and then on the Actions tab, add the SetFeedbackForNLP data transform.
- To review all of the detected entities, open the D_NLPEntities.pyExtractedEntities page group.
- To customize your implementation, use the D_GetSpecificEntities.pyExtractedEntities page group and GetSpecificEntitiesAsExt activity as an example extension.
- Click Submit.
Optional: Configuring custom replies
Pega Sales Automation also has Defuse, Competitor, and Product reply templates that you can edit and use. To implement NLP suggestions for your custom replies, review the suggested custom configuration.
- In the header of Dev Studio, open the PopulateSuggestedReplies data transform to view the suggested reply configuration and extension points.
- Optional: To customize the content of reply templates based on competitors or products, use the D_NLPEntities or SelectedWorkPage data pages to find entities.
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for and select the SuggestedRepliesWithUserType map value rule, and then edit it by configuring your suggested replies templates as either internal or external.
- In the Default field, for each reply template enter Internal or External.
- Switch to App Studio.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- On the Microsoft Exchange tab, in the Outlook add-in settings section, enter your internal domains.
- Click Save.