After you set up your integration service for quote management, you must configure Pega Sales Automation to retrieve quote data from the integration service.
Follow the steps in these topics to configure Pega Sales Automation to retrieve quote data from the integration service:
Updating dynamic system settings for quotes
To manage quote integrations in your implementation, update the PegaInsCRM QuoteIntSource dynamic system setting. This setting specifies whether you manually enter internal quote data or retrieve internal quote data by using an integration.
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for and select the PegaInsCRM QuoteIntSource dynamic system setting.
- Enter one of the following values in the Value field:
- To retrieve internal quote data by using an integration, enter true.
- To enter internal quote data manually, enter false.
- Click Save.
Creating a new SOAP connector for quote integration
Use the Connector and Metadata wizard to create a new Connect-SOAP for your quote integrations.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Complete the forms in the wizard. When you create a new Connect-SOAP, if you select Generate Data Class and provide the WSDL file for the service, the wizard creates the following rules in a new policy class:
- Parse XML
- Data transforms (request and response)
- Connect SOAP
- Property rules
For more information, see About the Connector and Metadata wizard.
Creating the system setting rule for quote integration
You must configure the source system URLs in the Pega Sales Automation application to support integrations for internal quotes. To do this, create a system setting rule and enter the source URLs for each production level of your environment.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Enter a Label and an Owning Ruleset for the system setting
- Click Create and Open.
- On the Settings tab of the System Settings form, enter the
following information for each production level of your environment:
- In the Value field, enter the URL for the source system.
- In the Description field, enter a description for the URL.
- To save the system setting rule into your implementation layer, click Save as. For information on saving rules, see Copying a rule or data instance.
Updating the data transform and data page for quote integration
To retrieve quote data from the source system that you specified when you created the system setting rule for your integration, you must update the GetQuoteDetails data transform and the D_GetQuoteDetails data page.
For information on saving, checking out, and checking in rules, see Rules in Pega Platform applications.
- Log in by using an administrator account. Dev Studio opens.
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for and select the GetQuoteDetails data transform rule.
- To save the data transform rule into your implementation layer, click Save as.
- Check out the data transform rule.
- Update the data transform to include the value specified in the system setting rule you
created in the "Creating the system setting rule for quote integration" procedure.
Result: This data transform passes the URL and other parameters to the D_GetQuoteDetails data page to retrieve the policy details from the source system.
- Check in the data transform rule.
- In the Dev Studio header search text field, search for and select the D_GetQuoteDetails data page rule.
- To save the data page rule into your implementation layer, click Save as.
- Check out the data page rule.By default, the D_GetQuoteDetails data page uses simulation to present quote details. You must update the data page rule to connect to the quote integration service for your implementation layer quote class.
- In the Data Sources section, update the when rules for your integration.
- Check in the data page rule.
Mapping insurance product types for quote integration
To ensure that policy details for your customers and prospects align with the product details in your quote generation system, map the products in your quote generation system to the products that you have set up in Pega Sales Automation for Insurance.
Before you map products for quote integration, set up the products in Pega Sales Automation for Insurance. For more information, see Setting up products.
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for and select the D_ProductByProductName data page.This data page uses the PegaCRM-Data-Product rule to determine the Product ID based on the product name.
- Complete the steps in Setting up products.