Connecting to Pega Call
Pega Call provides robust computer telephony integration (CTI) support for Pega Sales Automation users, including click-to-dial functionality for outgoing calls and adaptive screen pops for incoming calls.
Defining computer telephony integration requirements
Plan the connectivity to your telephony infrastructure by defining the computer telephony integration (CTI) requirements.
After you install and configure Pega Call, you must activate CTI functionality for the application and then add the PegaCTI:CSR access role to all the access groups for which you are providing CTI access. For more information, see Activating application features.
- Understand which telephony vendor that your site uses.
- Review the Pega Call CTI Implementation materials to understand the configuration for your vendor.
- Meet with the technical resources responsible for configuration and maintenance of the Contact Center Telephony and CTI infrastructure at your site to get an understanding of the current configuration and desired call flows and customer experience. Ensure that a resource from the telephony team is available to work with the implementation team.
- Share the information related to the way Pega Call gets connected to the CTI environment with the telephony expert. The telephony expert is required to configure the CTI environment to allow Pega Call to connect and share the configuration details with the Pega Call implementation team.
Configuring computer telephony integration
To configure computer telephony integration (CTI) for Pega Sales Automation, you must enable the CTI functionality in the application and then add the PegaCTI:CSR access role to all the access groups for which you are providing CTI access.
To configure your Pega Sales Automation implementation for CTI, complete the following steps:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Select an access group.
- On the Definition tab, in the Available roles section, click Add role and enter PegaCTI:CSR.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each access group for which you are providing CTI access.
Previous topic Connecting to Pega Knowledge Next topic Connect to external applications