Packaging an application
To migrate a new application to a different environment, you must package the application before you can import it to the new environment.
Merging application changes
If you develop your application features in separate branches, use the Merge Branches wizard to merge the branches before you package the application. The wizard shows any merge conflicts so that you can correct them before you merge the branches.
Additionally, the Pega 1:1 Operations Manager application allows business users to make controlled changes in a Business Operations Environment (BOE), and test the changes in a production environment within boundaries defined by your organization's IT department. For more information, see Revision management.
Packaging an application for migration
Before you migrate a new application to a different environment, package the relevant data instances and rulesets into a product rule. The product rule is an instance of Rule-Admin-Product, which Pega Platform refers to as the RAP file.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click to start the Application Packaging wizard.For more information about using the wizard, see Packaging your application in a product rule.
- Complete each page of the Application Packaging wizard.
- On the last page of the wizard, click Preview.
- Review the contents of the generated RAP file.
- If you want to make any changes, on the last page of the wizard, click Modify.
- When you have completed your review of the RAP file, click
Result: The wizard creates a
.zipfile in the
ServiceExportdirectory on the current application server node.
Previous topic Testing a new application Next topic Importing the packaged application