Policy integration requirements
To view policy data in Pega Sales Automation, you can set up an integration with your policy administration system or you can enter policy data manually.
Pega Sales Automation Implementation Guide
Policies are classified as either internal or external. This classification determines how you can enter policy data into the application.
- Internal policies
- Internal policies are policies that are in your book of business; that is, you are receiving policy premiums and assuming the insurance risk. To view internal policy data in the application, you must configure an integration between your internal policy administration system and Pega Sales Automation. For more information on integrating with other systems, see Integration Services landing page.
- External policies
- External policies are policies that your prospects or customers have purchased from other insurance carriers. External policy information is customer-reported and you must enter the policy information in the application manually.
- Identify the system of record for internal policy administration and identify what policy data is needed for your implementation.
- Determine how to connect to the internal policy administration system.
- Determine how often you need to update policy data, for example, daily, weekly, or monthly. Updating policy data at frequent intervals ensures that you have current data on which to base your sales offers.
- Determine if you need to import existing policy data.
- Determine the type and source of the existing policy data that you need to import.
Previous topic Policy integration Next topic Configuring a policy integration