To view quote data in Pega Sales Automation, you can set up an integration with your quote generation system or you can enter quote data manually. If your quote generation systems is Pega Underwriting for Insurance for quote generation, you can set up a quote integration with that application.
Quotes are classified as either internal or external. This classification determines how you can enter quote data into the application.
- Internal quotes
- Internal quotes are proposals that are generated by your organization for your prospects or customers. To view internal quote data in the application, it is recommended that you configure an interface between your internal proposal generation system and Pega Sales Automation. Alternatively, you can enter internal quote data manually. For more information on integrating with other systems, see Integration Services landing page.
- External quotes
- External quotes are proposals that are generated by other insurance carriers. These quotes are customer-reported and you must enter the quote data in the application manually.
- Identify the system of record for internal quote generation and identify what quote data is needed for your implementation.
- Determine how to connect to the internal quote generation system.
- Determine how often you need to update quote data, for example, on-demand, daily, weekly, or monthly. Updating quote data at frequent intervals ensures that you have current data on which to base your sales offers.
- Determine if you need to import existing quote data.
- Determine the type and source of the existing quote data that you need to import.