Sell everywhere with the mobile app
The Pega Sales Automation mobile app is an intelligent mobile sales tool that empowers teams to close deals faster, manage the selling process, and collaborate directly from their mobile devices, whether in the office, on the road, at a meeting, or anywhere in the world.
Pega Sales Automation mobile app supports organizations, opportunities, leads, contacts, accounts, tasks, recents, following, and activities native list pages.
In the online-only mobile app, you can create, edit, and view the following cases:
- Individual and business lead
- Individual and business opportunity
In the offline-enabled mobile app, you can create, edit, and view the following cases:
- Individual and business lead.
Use native list views inherited from Pega Platform for all work objects to support easier and faster application upgrades in the future, as well as, ensure the latest version from Pega Platform with minimal customizations. For more information, see 8.5.1 — Resolved issues and feature improvements.
Use either the Pega Sales Automation mobile channel available out-of-the box in the application, or build a new mobile channel. When you build a new mobile channel you can choose either to use online-only or offline-enabled mobile app.
Before you begin building your mobile app:
- Verify the Pega Platform settings that the Pega Platform administrator in your organization configures during the system configuration phase. If the settings are not configured, contact the administrator to verify that your organization has been licensed to use the Pega Mobile Client app building feature. If you do not have a license, contact your account executive. For more information about the Pega Infinity Mobile Client mobile app, see Mobile solutions.
- Ensure that you have a certificate set for the Android or iOS mobile platform. A
certificate set defines various settings that identify the Android or iOS
application that you are creating.
For more information, see Creating an Android certification set or Creating an iOS certificate set.
Reusing the default mobile app
The out of the box Pega Sales Automation mobile channel is online-only by default. To use it, perform the following steps.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels and open the Pega Sales Automation channel.
- On the Content tab, in the Navigation section, click the Gear icon next to the New navigation item.
- Clear and select again any of the already selected case types.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save, and then click Build app.
Building the new mobile app
Build your Pega Infinity Mobile Client mobile app to empower teams to close deals faster, manage the selling process, and collaborate directly from their mobile devices.
- Log into the Pega Sales Automation application with any persona that has Dev Studio or App Studio access.
- Import the mobile certificate.
- Build the app in App Studio.See Setting up mobile apps, "Configuring online mode" section, or "Optional: Enabling offline mode" section.
- Scan the mobile app QR code.
- Optional: To further customize your app, see the "Mobile app additional configuration" section.
Configuring online mode
To configure your mobile app to use the online mode, perform the following steps.
- In App Studio, open your mobile app.
- On the Content tab, in the Navigation section, ensure that you leave the Override app navigation check box cleared.
- Click List pages to review the available native list pages as well as the default configuration in the List item information section for each list page.
- In the Navigation section, click Add
items to add pages to your application.
- To add Forecast, from the Pages list, select Forecast Mobile and then rename it to Forecast by using the gear icon next to it.
- To use icons for the Recents and Following pages, add icons manually. By default, these pages do not have icons.
- To change icons for Forecast and Notifications pages, edit them manually. By default, Forecast and Notifications pages have the same icon.
- Click and select a role from the Select role
For example: Select sales representatives to allow them to access your mobile app. For more information about adding roles, see Granting portal access to an access group.
- Add the SAMobileUser skin to your out of the box,
circumstanced mobile channel portal by performing the following steps:
- Switch to Dev Studio.
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for and open your circumstanced mobile channel portal.
- In User interface section, select Other Skin, and then add the SAMobileUser skin.
- Click Save.
- Click Save, and then click Build app.
Optional: Enabling offline mode
To use your mobile app in offline mode, perform the following steps.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels and open your mobile app.
- Click .
- Select the Enable offline support check box.
- To add cases, click Add case type .
- Expand the Advanced section and in the Select offline resource field, select PegaSalesAutomation.
- Click Save, and then click Build app.
Mobile app additional configuration
You can further customize your mobile app by reusing or extending Pega Sales Automation rules and patterns to match the appearance of your Pega Infinity Mobile Client mobile app to your business branding.
You can use the Pega Sales Automation application on your mobile device in a browser. Use dynamic layouts with responsive breakpoints to ensure that the content of your mobile application always displays correctly, regardless of screen size and orientation.
The following are limitations of the browser view:
- From the Navigation tab: Forecast, Reports, Engagement map, Webex recents are not available
- On the Landing pages: stage view of opportunities and calendar view of appointments are not available
- Lead scoring and Opportunity insights are not available
- Launching Webex from leads or contacts is not available
- Merge Opportunity action is not available
- Stages and steps in the case life cycle for opportunities and leads are not available
- Cancel action on any work object navigates back to the Home screen
- Auto-complete inputs are not available
- The Complete stage action on the Lead review screen is not available
To configure your application behavior on smaller screens, see Configuring a responsive user interface.
For more information about application responsiveness, see the Build a responsive and adaptive UI section in Designing the user interface of mobile apps.
Setting up optical character recognition (OCR) scanning
Use optical character recognition (OCR) to scan a business card and create a contact or a lead in Pega Sales Automation. Take a picture of a business card with your mobile device's camera, and then send it to the third-party OCR software vendor, for example, Abbyy FineReader or Google Vision, where it is parsed into a standard output, such as XML or JSON. The system then maps the result back to Pega Sales Automation to create a new contact or lead record.
- In Dev Studio, depending on the vendor you choose, either add
the PegaCRM-Abbyy ruleset to the application stack, or add the
ruleset of your chosen vendor.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Built on applications section, add either the
PegaCRM-Abbyy ruleset or any custom ruleset for OCR.
For more information about creating and saving rulesets, see Creating a ruleset and ruleset version.
- In the PegaCRM-Int-BusinessCard- class, create a data model in
your ruleset that matches the data model, class structure, and properties either from the
Abbyy setup in the sample application or your custom vendor.If you use the Abbyy FineReader, use the PegaCRM-Int-BusinessCard-Abbyy class. For other vendors, use the PegaCRM-Int-BusinessCard-vendorname format. If the third-party software uses an XML object, create a data structure to hold the XML structure. If the third-party software uses a JSON object, create a data structure to hold the JSON object.For more information about creating data models, see Adding a field group to your data model.
- Configure and save the GetCardData and
MapBusinessCardDetails extension point rules to collect data.
- Search for and open the GetCardData activity, which parses the
business card data for the OCR vendor.
Tip: In the sample application, the GetCardData activity calls the GetCardData Java API, which collects the file content, the vendor's user name and password. The sample application includes the sample application RAP with the PegaCRMAbbyy.zip file, which is a Java wrapper application that calls the Abbyy software.
- In the Step page fields, enter the necessary data, for example, the user name and password for your chosen vendor, and the class name for parsing data to the BusinessCardData page.
- Search for and open the MapBusinessCardDetails data transform
to map the data from the OCR vendor to the contact or lead in Pega Sales Automation
Tip: The system receives the XML structure after processing the file image. The MapBusinessCardDetails data transform then maps the data from the XML data model to the contact and lead data structure and makes it available in Pega Sales Automation.
- Configure the Target fields for BusinessCardMatchTo. rows to match the data model of your structure under the PegaCRM-Int-BusinessCard- class.
- Search for and open the GetCardData activity, which parses the business card data for the OCR vendor.
Previous topic Running a data import using the Data import wizard Next topic Connect to Outlook add-in