As an operator with the Sales Ops persona you can manage data by using various actions in the Tools menu.
- During the implementation process, you import competitors, but the imported
competitors have only basic characteristics. If your industry requires more
details on competitors, you can add them manually by clicking Create
For more information about competitors and importing competitors, see Pega Sales Automation entities and Setting up competitors.
- Relationship types
- Add a relationship type to every contact in the application to indicate, for
example, that a contact or a company is an employee of another contact or
company. The default relationship type is Employee.
If you have defined the Employee relationship type for a contact, when importing
this contact, the system assigns the Employee relationship type to the
For more information, see Pega Sales Automation entities.
- Time periods
- Add time periods to help define the sales goals for sales representatives.
For more information, see Setting up time periods for sales goals.
- During the implementation process, you import products, but you can also
manually add products by clicking Create product.
For more information, see Pega Sales Automation entities and Setting up products.
- Lead routing
- Manage leads more intelligently by using lead routing.
For more information, see Managing leads.
- Picklist values
- Align list values to your business needs by editing picklist values.
For more information, see Configuring list values.
- Access templates
- Assign permission-based access templates to operators.
For more information, see Permission access templates.
- Email templates
- Add email templates to speed up the daily work of sales representatives. Sales
representatives can use the defined email templates when sending emails from the
application. In the User portal navigation pane, click
Contacts, and then select the
Email icon next to the contact to whom you want to
send an email. Select a template from the list in the New
email dialog box.
For more information, see Creating email templates.
- MDF budget
- Allocate and manage the Market Development Fund (MDF) budget for channel
managers in an organization.
For more information, see Managing the Market Development Fund (MDF) budgets.
- Relationship weights
- Relationship intelligence helps sales representatives to find the person in
their internal organization that can help them to have a warm introduction with
a contact, as either an external prospect or a customer. Sales representatives
can use the Relationships widget on the
Insights screen to view a list of their contacts
having a good relationship with the contact with whom the sales representative
wishes to establish a professional relationship.
For more information, see Configuring relationship intelligence.
- Personalize dashboards
- Personalize dashboards for all personas.
For more information, see Personalize dashboards.
- Data import wizard
- Import data into the application.
For more information, see Pega Sales Automation data import.
- Private data categories
- For clients that use the private data feature, Pega Sales Automation includes a
set of Pega-provided private data categories that you can use to classify types
of private data within contact records. You can add more categories and edit
For more information, see Configuring the private data feature.
Previous topic Additional sales ops functions Next topic Setting up competitors