As a sales representative or a sales manager, use the engagement map to perform the white space product analysis to identify selling gaps and potential business opportunities, and by doing that improve the selling process and become more effective. Based on the level of detail and selling mode, review the engagement map to see which areas are shown as empty fields, meaning you are not yet selling products to these organizations or contacts or in which areas you can sell more. Engagement map provides a clear way to map customers and products to increase the income.
You must have a product hierarchy set up. Engagement map requires a four-level product hierarchy (descending order): Product Category, Product Family, Product Group, and Product. For more information, see Setting up products.
- In the User portal navigation pane, click Engagement Map.
- In the View by field, select either
Product or Product Group
depending on the level of information you need.
- Select Product to get a more granular view by product - one product is one table column.
- Select Product Group to get a more high-level view - one product group is one table column.
- In the Selling mode field, select either
business-to-business (B2B) or business-to-consumer (B2C) selling mode depending
on your business needs.
- Select B2B to see B2B products with data displayed by Account, Territory, and Account owner.
- Select B2C to see B2C products with data displayed by Contact and Territory.
- In the Filters section, perform the following
- In the Product Category field, select a category, for example,
- In the Product Family field, clear the check boxes next to any product family that you do not want to see data for. By default all product families are selected.
- To narrow down the data display results, enter or select items in the Filters section:
- For B2B, enter or select an organization, account, account owner, or a territory.
- For B2C, enter or select a contact or territory.
- Click Apply filters.
- Review the map, click on each color-coded tile to see more details, and take
further action, if needed.
Result: The engagement map shows the following color-coded tiles:
- Active to reflect opportunities in progress.
- Sold for products already sold to a particular customer.
- Sold-Active indicates that there are some open opportunities and some closed opportunities.
- N/A for products that are not applicable for a contact or account.
- Blocked for products that are blocked for a period of time for an account because, for example, this person already bought a phone, so might not likely buy a second one right away.
- White space (empty field) to indicate potential selling opportunities with no opportunities.
If there are already product active or sold for a particular customer, meaning there is at least one opportunity associated with an account or contact, the product field shows a percentage calculated the following way: = SUM (number of active + number of sold-active + number of sold + number of blocked) / Total number of cells in the column – number of N/A .