Follow the steps below to build a new mobile app.
- Log into the Pega Sales Automation application with any persona that has Dev Studio or App Studio access.
- Import the mobile certificate.
- Build the app in App Studio.See Setting up mobile apps, "Configuring online mode" section, or "Optional: Enabling offline mode" section.
- Scan the mobile app QR code.
- Optional: To further customize your app, see the "Mobile app additional configuration" section.
Configuring mobile app
To configure your mobile app, perform the following steps.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels and create a new Mobile channel.
- Click List pages to review the available native list pages as well as the default configuration in the List item information section for each list page.
- In the Navigation section, click Add
items to add pages to your application.
- To add Forecast, from the Pages list, select Forecast Mobile and then rename it to Forecast by using the gear icon next to it.
- To use icons for the Recents and Following pages, add icons manually. By default, these pages do not have icons.
- To change icons for Forecast and Notifications pages, edit them manually. By default, Forecast and Notifications pages have the same icon.
- Click and select a role from the Select role
For example: Select sales representatives to allow them to access your mobile app. For more information about adding roles, see Granting portal access to an access group.
- Add the SAMobileUser skin to your out of the box,
circumstanced mobile channel portal by performing the following steps:
- Switch to Dev Studio.
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for and open your circumstanced mobile channel portal.
- In User interface section, select Other Skin, and then add the SAMobileUser skin.
- Click Save.
- Click Save, and then click Build
Note: Because Pega Platform Mobility does not support Search inheritance, the datapage and report definitions need to be created for implementation classes and override the pySearchConfiguration with the respective datapage source.
Optional: Enabling offline mode
To use your mobile app in offline mode, perform the following steps.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels and open your mobile app.
- Click .
- Select the Enable offline support check box.
- To add those case types that are required to be offline-enabled, click Add case type.
- Expand the Advanced section and in the Select offline resource field, select PegaSalesAutomation.
- Click Save, and then click Build app.