Use the actionable messages to perform quick actions within Outlook, for example to update the due date for a task or complete a task created in Pega Sales Automation.
With the Outlook actionable messages feature, you can perform the following actions in the Outlook mailbox:
- Update the due date for a task created in Sales Automation
- Complete a task created in Sales Automation
Pega’s Outlook actionable messages support the following functionalities:
- Receiving a reminder email notification for tasks created in Sales Automation
- Enabling and sending task due notifications
Sending actionable messages via email is supported in the following scenarios:
- The recipient must be an individual, not a group.
- The recipient must be visible in the message. Do not put the recipient in the BCC field.
- The recipient must have a mailbox on Outlook.com or Exchange Online in Office 365.
- For Actionable messages, you must create an impersonation account on Microsoft Exchange with impersonation privileges for all the users who wish to create tasks in the application. The impersonation account is used for sending email notification reminders for tasks.
- Register your service with the actionable email developer dashboard. For more info refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/actionable-messages/email-dev-dashboard.
Registering actionable messages service with email developer dashboard
- To register your service, create your provider using this link: https://outlook.office.com/connectors/oam/publish.
- From the Actionable Email Developer Dashboard copy the Provider Id (originator) value.
- In the Sender email address from which actionable emails will originate field, enter your Microsoft Exchange impersonation account.
- In the Target URLs field, enter the URL for actionable messages.
- In Scope of submission section, select Organization.
- Click Save.
Configuring Actionable messages
Configure the Actionable messages to finalize the integration process.
- In the User portal, from the Explorer panel, select Administration.
- To enable actionable messages, go to Actionable Messages, and select the Enable actionable messages checkbox.
- Click Save.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click , and then click Default.
- Replace the default value with your own impersonation account, and then click Save
- In the header of Dev Studio, in the search box, search for the ActionableMessagesOriginator Dynamic System Setting, and then replace the originator value with your Provider ID.