You can further customize your mobile app by reusing or extending Pega Sales Automation rules and patterns to match the appearance of your Pega Mobile Client mobile app to your business branding.
Setting up optical character recognition (OCR) scanning
Use optical character recognition (OCR) to scan a business card and create a contact or a lead in Pega Sales Automation. Take a picture of a business card with your mobile device's camera, and then send it to the third-party OCR software vendor, for example, Abbyy FineReader or Google Vision, where it is parsed into a standard output, such as XML or JSON. The system then maps the result back to Pega Sales Automation to create a new contact or lead record.
- In Dev Studio, depending on the vendor you choose, either add
the PegaCRM-Abbyy ruleset to the application stack, or add the
ruleset of your chosen vendor.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Built on applications section, add either the
PegaCRM-Abbyy ruleset or any custom ruleset for OCR.
For more information about creating and saving rulesets, see Creating a ruleset and ruleset version.
- In the PegaCRM-Int-BusinessCard- class, create a data model in
your ruleset that matches the data model, class structure, and properties either from the
Abbyy setup in the sample application or your custom vendor.If you use the Abbyy FineReader, use the PegaCRM-Int-BusinessCard-Abbyy class. For other vendors, use the PegaCRM-Int-BusinessCard-vendorname format. If the third-party software uses an XML object, create a data structure to hold the XML structure. If the third-party software uses a JSON object, create a data structure to hold the JSON object.For more information about creating data models, see Adding a field group to your data model.
- Configure and save the GetCardData and
MapBusinessCardDetails extension point rules to collect data.
- Search for and open the GetCardData activity, which parses the
business card data for the OCR vendor.
- In the Step page fields, enter the necessary data, for example, the user name and password for your chosen vendor, and the class name for parsing data to the BusinessCardData page.
- Search for and open the MapBusinessCardDetails data transform
to map the data from the OCR vendor to the contact or lead in Pega Sales Automation
- Configure the Target fields for BusinessCardMatchTo. rows to match the data model of your structure under the PegaCRM-Int-BusinessCard- class.
- Search for and open the GetCardData activity, which parses the business card data for the OCR vendor.