If you create a lead that matches an existing lead, or edit a lead to match an existing lead, the system displays a warning with a link to view potential duplicates.
- Log in to Pega Sales Automation as a sales representative or a sales operations user.
- Complete the fields that are required to create a new lead, or update the fields of an existing lead, and then click Submit.
- Click the See <number> Potential Duplicate(s) link, and then review the details in the Potential duplicate(s) dialog box.
- Depending on whether the potential duplicate warning is valid or not, resolve
the duplication in one of the following ways:
Choices Actions Resolve an invalid potential duplicate warning Proceed to create the lead.
- Close the overlay by clicking Continue working.
- In the New Individual Lead or New Business Lead dialog box, click Submit.
Resolve a valid potential duplicate warning Abort the process of creating the lead, and use an existing lead instead:
- Click outside the overlay that shows the potential duplicates.
- Close the New Individual Lead or New Business Lead dialog box without creating a lead by clicking the Close button, and then clicking Delete.
- In the Leads list, find an existing lead with the same property values.
- Update that lead with any additional details that you want to add.