Resolving lead duplication while creating or updating a single lead
If you create a lead that matches an existing lead, or edit a lead to match an existing lead, the system displays a warning with a link to view potential duplicates.
Pega Sales Automation Implementation Guide
- Log in to Pega Sales Automation as a sales representative or a sales operations user.
- Complete the fields that are required to create a new lead, or update the
fields of an existing lead, and then click Submit.
Result: If the lead that you are trying to create or edit matches an existing lead, the system displays the following warning:
Looks like you might be creating a duplicate
- Click the See <number> Potential
Duplicate(s) link, and then review the details in the
Potential duplicate(s) dialog box.
Result: An overlay opens with the details of the current case and the potential duplicates.
- Depending on whether the potential duplicate warning is valid or not, resolve
the duplication in one of the following ways:
Choices Actions Resolve an invalid potential duplicate warning Proceed to create the lead.
- Close the overlay by clicking Continue
Note: The system no longer considers the lead to be a duplicate and removes the warning, enabling you to submit the lead.
- In the New Individual Lead or New Business Lead dialog box, click Submit.
Resolve a valid potential duplicate warning Abort the process of creating the lead, and use an existing lead instead:
- Click outside the overlay that shows the potential duplicates.
- Close the New Individual Lead or New Business Lead dialog box without creating a lead by clicking the Close button, and then clicking Delete.
- In the Leads list, find an existing lead with the same property values.
- Update that lead with any additional details that you want to add.
- Close the overlay by clicking Continue working.
Previous topic Resolving lead duplication from the Leads landing page Next topic Resolving lead duplication during bulk imports