Import data into your application using the Data Import wizard to upload comma-separated values (.csv) files containing data records.
- To import large amounts of data of up to 1,000 records or more, use the data import File Listener. For more information, see Importing large amounts of data by using the data import File Listener.
- To import your data more quickly by using configuration templates, see Improving data import performance by using configuration templates.
To import your data by using the Data import wizard, perform the following steps:
- Open the Data Import wizard:
- Log in to Pega Sales Automation as a Sales Ops.
- In the User portal navigation pane, click .
- In the Import Data wizard step, select the data type that you want to import.
- Select the purpose of the data import:
- To add only new records, click Add only. Updates to existing records are ignored.
- To add and update records, click Add or update.
- Click Choose File, select the .csv file that you want to import, and then click Next.
- In the Map Fields wizard step, map the data fields in your
source data to the fields in Pega Sales Automation by selecting the
template that you want to use:
- In the Template field, select the import template.
- If you have not created configuration templates, see Improving data import performance by using configuration templates.
- When you select the out-of-the-box template the system populates the Target field fields. If your CSV file has any additional fields, map the fields manually. For more information, see Preparing the data.
- If the purpose is set to Add or update, you can use the Update type to control how the data import process handles empty fields.
- If the purpose is set to Add or update, the Match existing records by option allows you to choose the field name by which existing records in the system will be identified for updating.
- In the Import Options wizard step, select the import
- To save the mappings that you configure in the Map fields wizard step to a new or existing template for future use, select Save import settings as a template check box.
- If this is the first time that you are loading data from a data source, clear the Skip running validate rules check box.
- To skip all the validation, including validating the required fields, select the Skip validation step entirely check box
- Click Start validation.The validation process is split into two parts to ensure that the data import succeeds. After the initial validation succeeds, continue the import process by moving into the next step.
- Click Continue import.
- In the Validate and review wizard step, review the
- Review the list of processed, added, and failed records.
- If an entity has a parent, open a few instances in the context of the entity's parent. If files are imported in the incorrect order, associations between entities might be broken. For example, activities would not show up in the associated contact if they were imported before the contact data in the import order.
- Click Finish.