Setting revenue recurrence defaults
Specify the default revenue recurrence settings for a product so that sales representatives do not have to manually enter revenue schedule details while adding a product to an opportunity.Once you enter the default revenue recurrence settings for a product and save your changes, the next time a sales representative adds that product to an opportunity, the system automatically selects the Recurring checkbox and populates the term interval and term length according to your settings. The sales representative must enter a revenue start date, which is the date that the first payment in the revenue schedule is received.
If necessary, sales representatives can disable recurrence and override the default term length and term interval values.
Pega Sales Automation Implementation Guide
- Log in to the user portal as a sales operations user or an administrator.
- In the navigation pane, click Tools.
- In the Manage section, click Products.
- Navigate to the base-level product for which you want to enable revenue
schedules by default, and then click Edit.You can enable revenue schedules for actual products only, not for product categories.
- In the Edit product dialog box, enter the revenue schedule
- Select the Recurring revenue checkbox.
- In the Term interval list, select the frequency for the payments in the schedule.
- In the Term length field, specify the number of payments in the schedule.
For example: If you want to set the recurring revenue for the Photo Electric Smoke Detectors product to six monthly payments, configure the product settings as shown in the following figure:
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Enabling the recurring revenue view Next topic Using close plans