To update the system settings, select the Edit system settings button on the System configuration screen. The System configuration screen will then be editable for the user to make any appropriate changes. Once changes have been made, select the Done Editing button. Once the system settings are valid and are configured to be effective today, or a date in the future, comments for the approver have been made, the changes can be submitted for approval by selecting Submit. Once the changes have been submitted, the user will be notified that the requested settings have been sent for approval, along with the task ID. At any time during the editing, the user can discard the changes, but selecting the Discard button and return to the previous version.
Key items to consider when making system configuration changes:
- Smart Claims Engine allows the user to create and store system settings instances that have a future effective date. In this situation, the current settings remain in effect until the user-defined start date of the new instance.
- When the user creates a new system setting instance that will become effective in the future, Smart Claims Engine automatically changes the end date of the current instance to the day prior to the start date of the future instance.
- All future system settings are displayed in the audit history in chronological order with the most current instance on top.
- Smart Claims Engine will display a validation error if the system settings are configured for a past date.
- Smart Claims Engine also ensures that system settings run concurrently and, therefore, does not allow gaps in system settings, or overlapping dates. A validation error is displayed if a configuration has been created with a gap.