Back up the existing database, your applications, and Pega Platform in the event that you need to restore your system.
- Verify that all rules are checked in.
- Shut down the Pega Platform application server.
- Use your database utilities to back up the Pega Platform database.
- If you edited any of the following Pega Platform configuration files in
the APP- INF\classes directory of an EAR deployment or the WEB-INF\classes directory of a
WAR deployment, include these files in the backup:
- logging file:
pegarules.keyringor any other .keyring files
- Back up any third-party or custom JAR files that you installed. Redeploying the Pega Platform applications might delete these from your application server.