To meet your organization needs, create your application on which you will build your extended application. Use the New Application wizard to create your new application.
- Log in by entering an administrator user name and password.If you have enabled a sample administrative operator for this application, optionally log in using that operator ID.
- In the Dev Studio header, start the wizard by clicking the name of your current application and clicking New Application.
- Follow the New Application wizard instructions.
For more information, see Creating an application.
- Invite users to work with your new application by entering operator names or
email addresses and selecting a role for each operator that you set up.It is recommended to create at least one operator in the application-specific administrator role.
- Optional: To fully set up your application, in the upper-right corner of the Dev Studio, click , and follow the setup instructions.The New Application wizard creates the application class structure for you. You can reuse the classes and rulesets that are created by the wizard in future applications that you create. As you implement this and future applications, you can improve the maintainability and overall efficiency of your application by applying class hierarchy and inheritance principles to help you decide where in the class structure to create rules.
For more information, see Class layers.