Payment types are associated with a debit or credit transaction in an
They can determine the following:
- Whether documents or automatic advices aregenerated.
- Whether an accounting cutoff time isenforced.
The payment type is associated with a transaction in step rules. If your
organization’s transactions require documents different than the ones referenced in the
supplied payment-type rules, or if you require different cutoff times, then create the
Rule-PegaAcct-Financial-Cutoff rules first, and then copy the
payment-type rule with the same name to your ruleset. If you require new payment types,
create your own by copying and updating an existing one, and then updating the step
rules to reference the new payment types.
The stream name, correspondence type,
and the class represent the key to the correspondence rule. When you define the payment
type rule, you indicate which correspondence rule to use by specifying two of the key
properties (Stream Name and Corr Type), to which the system implicitly adds the work
Pega Smart Dispute for Issuers
- In the Application Explorer, search for the
Rule-PegaAcct-Financial-PaymentType and select an
existing payment type rule to use as a template for a new payment type.
- Click Save As.
- In the Apply to field, select the appropriate
implementation class for your application.
- In the Add to ruleset list, select the ruleset for your
- Click Create and open.
- Configure the accounts in the chart.
- Select the Document Required check box to generate a
document for all transactions that use this payment type
- Click Save.