Prioritizing programs using Request type
Prioritize the creation of a part return request based on the request type. You can create a Case or Supporting type case (for example, Repair Order) with criteria matching with multiple programs. The configured Program type case is automatically created based on the request type that you configure for that program.
Pega Warranty Implementation Guide
For example, if you create Program 1 with the Request type as a Field action (higher priority), and Program 2 with the Request type as Recall (lower priority) with the same criteria, Program 1 automatically creates a Program type case at run time, for example, a Parts Return Request. Program 2 will not create a Program type case because its Request type is lower priority.
- Log in to Pega Warranty as a supplier manager. For more information on login credentials, see Operators list and description.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- In the Records pane, click .
- Click the filter icon on the Name column, enter MapPrioritytoRequest in the search box, and then click Apply.
- Configure the decision table to set the priority for each Request type. The default
table contains the following values:
Condition Request type Priority when "Field action" 1 when
"Safety / quality"
2 when "Recall" 3 when "Prior approval" 4 when "OEM Claim" 5 when "Supplier Claim" 6 otherwise 7 Previous topic Creating and restricting Return Authorization cases Next topic Extending filters