Setting up a Common Request Program
Automatically create subcases while creating a claim unit or a repair order as a manufacturer or supplier manager, by using the Common Request Program. If the criteria of the claim unit or the repair order match the criteria defined in the program, the configured subcase is automatically added to the claim unit or repair order.
You can set up common request programs that automatically create the following subcases for claim units or repair orders:
- Campaign Program
- Parts return
- Log in to the Pega Warranty application as a supplier manager. For more information on login credentials, see Operators list and description.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
Note: Alternatively, in the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Program type box, select a program type.
- In Case/Supporting Type box, select a value.
- In the Program Description field, enter a description for the request program, and then click Create.
- In the Configure filters section, select the Effective date and the End date within which the request program is valid.
- In the Configure location section, click Add filter to select a region and country, and then click Continue.
- In the Configure criteria section, select the required criteria
to apply to this request program, and then click Continue.
Note: When an operator with the appropriate permissions creates a repair order or a claim unit with this criteria, the application automatically creates the configured subcase (Campaign Program, Parts return, or Pre-authorization) and applies the request program to the repair order or claim unit.
- In the Parts return setup section, in the Request
type list, select a request type.
When you select a request type, you choose the priority for the parts return so that the right teams review the part return requests, in accordance with the OEM's priorities.
- Field action
- Safety / quality
- Prior approval
- OEM Claim
- Supplier Claim
- If you want the dealer to be able to select the parts to return, click the Choose parts to return button.
- If you want the dealer to return all the parts, click the Return all parts in claim button.
- In the Add parts box, click select the parts that you want the dealer to return using this program, and then click Add.
- In the Number to return field, enter a value.
- In the Interval to return field, enter a value.
For more information on Number to return and Interval to return, see Creating and configuring a parts return request.
- In the Return Percentage field, enter a percentage.
Based on the return percentage that you specify, the system randomly creates parts return requests for the repair orders.
- Select the Use supplier registration default center (if configured) check box to automatically add the default return center address that you specified during supplier registration, to the case.
- In the Shipping code box, enter or select the shipping code.
- In the Carrier list, select a carrier.
- In the Create multiple RAs area, click True or False.
- In the Return mode area, click Part and image, Image only, or Part only.
- In the Does this part require inspection? area, click True or False.
- Click Continue.
- If you want to notify subscribers, select the Requires Notify Subscribers? check box, and then click Continue.
- Review your configuration changes and then click Submit.
- Click Approve to approve the program.
- To update the program, go to .
Previous topic Configuring Common Request Programs Next topic Creating and restricting Return Authorization cases