In addition to the standard Pega Warranty repair order creation procedure, a repair order can also be created based on a sample XML data file that comes from an external system in the Pega Warranty application. The repair technician enters the repair data in an external system, and the data is then sent to the Pega Warranty application.To create a repair order based on uploaded XML data, complete the following steps:
- Log in as a Pega Warranty administrator using the WarSysAdmin operator ID.
- In the the navigation panel of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Click .
- Click the filter for Customer Method Name and search for CreateRepairOrder.
- Click the desired instance, and then click .
- On the Simulate SOAP Service Execution screen, select Supply SOAP request
envelope and paste the XML format repair order details data that is required to
create the repair order. You can find the sample XML file in the
\Sample Datafolder in the
.zipfile that customers receive.You can upload multiple repair orders at once.
- Click Execute and review the success message with the generated repair order ID
that is visible in Response Parameter Values.The repair order is not created if any input XML file validation errors or any exceptions occur.
- In the Explorer panel, click App.
- Under Classes, expand Service, and then click Repair Order.
- Click the repair order ID number that was created in step 5.
- Verify that the data was uploaded based on the repair order details that were provided in step 5.
- Click Review and submit (Review submission) and then
click Submit.For more information about XML processing, see Pega Warranty Implementation Guide.