The Supplier recovery claim creation process is based on the failed part that was replaced,
unlike the repair order, which is based on the serial number of the product under repair.
To create the supplier recovery claim, complete the following steps:
- Log in as a supplier manager. For more information on login credentials, see Operators list and description.
- Click New > Supplier claim.
- Enter the required information, such as: failed part number, failure and repair date,
warranty claim number, type, and product serial number. After you enter the part number for
the failed part, the system finds the corresponding supplier of the part and fetches the
supplier responsibility ratio % for that part from the SetSupplierInfo decision table.
- Under the Repair data section, fill in the necessary details of the failure. For more
information, see Repair order cost calculation. Under the Claim
creation section, all of the product data is automatically populated and displayed based on
the serial number.
- To finish the procedure, click Submit.
After its submission, the recovery claim is transferred to the supplier Original Equipment
Manufacturer (OEM). The OEM can then respond to the claim.