During pre-validation, rules are executed before the claim is submitted to the adjudication system. The following are the pre-configured rules in Pega Warranty that implement a sample set of business rules.
PreValidationForPart- a certain part number requires an invoice number.
PreValidationForMisc- miscellaneous expense codes require an invoice attached to the claim.
PreValidationForLabor- labor hours cannot exceed the defined amount for a particular labor activity.
ProductCheckInDate- a date cannot be set in the future.
OdometerReading- the odometer reading cannot be less than the last reading on record for the vehicle.
CoverageExists- the claim cannot be entered if there is no valid coverage available. When these conditions are not met for any line, a warning icon appears.
To configure pre-validation:
- In the navigation panel of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Click Decision > Decision Table.
- Click the filter for Name and search for the required pre-validation rule. For
- Click the decision table to open it.
- Configure as needed and save the rule into your implementation layer. For additional information about locked and unlocked rulesets, see Copying a rule or data instance.
- Click Save.