- Initial time, distance, odometer reading and engine hours, when the current date of the warranty coverage is compared to the expiration date.
- Part-level coverage, when coverage is recalculated to include warranty coverages at the part level. For more information, see Part-level coverage.
Pega Warranty handles multiple coverage use cases. Business rules, such as
CustomerWarrantyCoverage are invoked to determine which coverage should
apply to a claim.
During the claim creation process enter the serial number or VIN to see the list of coverages.
To extend your application layer, you can copy the
PegaMfg-Data-Warrantyclass rules and then update them with your specific
- In the navigation panel of Dev Studio, click
- Click .
- Click the filter for Purpose and search for
- Click the corresponding rule to open it.
- Configure as needed and save the rule into your implementation layer. For additional information about locked and unlocked rulesets, see Copying a rule or data instance.
- Click Save.