Using the Implementation Wizard you can resave the Pega Warranty rules marked for extension, sample operators, and recommended rules into the new application. Run the Implementation Wizard after you create an application. This makes it easier for you to extend your application.
To run the Implementation Wizard:
- Click Dev Studio > Implementation Wizard.
- Review the predefined system environment attributes on the Configure system environment tab. These values are used by the system as a basis for the Dynamic Class Referencing (DCR) in the Warranty application.
- Click Next.
- Under the Configure rules tab, from Report definitions, Data pages, and Other rules, select all the predefined rules.
- Click Export to implementation layer.
A success message appears confirming the number of records successfully exported.
- Click Next.
- On the Property optimization tab, click Initiate optimization to optimize the selected property list.
- After the optimization completes, click Done to complete the initial setup. These changes apply to both Warranty Claims and Warranty Claim Auto applications.
- Update the following rules marked as Extensible with the newly created workbaskets, work groups, and Operator IDs, based on your business requirements. You must perform this step to avoid issues related to the task routing.