During the repair, you may need to notify the repair technician that a repair of a certain type or a part must be approved before it can be completed. The Prior Approval case supports this process from the creation of the request through the approval of the request by the manufacturer. After the repair has been approved, the claim can be created with the entire set of claim data transferred from the Prior Approval with one click of a button, eliminating the need to enter the claim data twice.
In some cases, the manufacturer needs to approve certain parts or repairs before the dealer can create a warranty claim. You can configure this approval process using pre-authorization programs.
- Log into Pega Warranty as a system administrator using the WarSysAdmin operator ID.
- Click Dev Studio > Common Request Program > Add Program.
- From the Program Type list, select Prior Approval or Pre-authorization.
- From Case/Supporting Type list, select Repair Order.
- Click Create.
- Configure filters, criteria, and responses based on your business needs.
The effective date is an automatic program activation date. The end date is the automatic program deactivation date.
To configure the applicable regions that are connected to the program:
- Click Add filter, select the region name and country.
- To confirm your selections, click Add.
- Define criteria for the program to start.
- Configure a qualifier and a value for the selected property type. You can add multiple criteria.
The Equals qualifier only applies to numeric or text values.The EndsWith and StartsWith qualifiers only apply to text values.
- Review the provided information. To complete the assignment, click Finish.