Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Automatically created XML batch entry claims
A dealer can create XML-based Warranty claims by using batch entries from an external system.
For information about uploading and configuring the batch entry mechanism, see the Pega Warranty Implementation Guide.
When the Pega Warranty application receives data, it automatically checks for the following conditions using an XML-based batch entry process:
- Whether a Warranty claim already exists
- If the claim exists, the system opens it and compares the data received from the updated XML file with the data from the existing XML files.
- If the claim does not exist, the system creates a new claim and populates it with the received data.
- Whether the data has changed
- If the data has changed, the system replaces the existing data with the received data. The system determines pre-validated rules, and if the data matches the pre-authorization rules criteria, it starts a specified response.
- If the data is unchanged, no additional actions are performed.
After entering claim and repair details, a dealer or a repair technician submits the Warranty claim for further processing. The claim can be auto-adjudicated or sent for manual assessment based on the claim value calculated by the system. For more information about repair order data validation, see Repair order data validation.
Previous topic Automatically created online repair order claims Next topic Managing a Warranty claim