A part can be submitted for return with or without a container. A dealer decides whether to use a container as a protective cover to protect the parts during shipping. If a dealer chooses to use a container when shipping parts back to the manufacturer, the container can be mapped to the Return authorization subcase with the same shipping code and carrier.
To create a container, complete the following steps:
- Log in as a dealer. For more information on login credentials, see Operators list and description.
- Click +New > Container.
- Enter all of the necessary details, such as: Container name, Shipping code, and Carrier. Based on the provided information, the system generates a container case ID that is visible under Case Details tab.
- On the List of items tab, check if there is any return authorization (RA) to which you can map a container.
- To associate the return authorization with the container, click the return authorization. You can associate multiple return authorizations with a container.
- Optional: To review the shipping label, click .
- Review the provided information and click
After submission, the container is sent along with the selected return authorizations inside of the container to the shipping and receiving team for further processing. After a container is submitted and mapped with the Return authorization subcase, you can locate it using the container case ID.