Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Creating an online prior approval
To create a Prior approval case online, log in as a dealer and enter the mandatory information and submit it to assign a case to an approver who is related to a particular manufacturer. After the approver confirms that all of the data in the prior approval is correct, the approver then reassigns it to a dealer. The dealer converts the prior approval into a Warranty claim case. If an approver denies the prior approval, the system sends an automatic notification to the dealer and changes the case status to Resolved-Denied.
- Log in to the Pega® Warranty application as a dealer. For more information on login credentials, see Operators list and description.
- Click Create > Case > Prior Approval Request.
- Enter the required product information, approval type, and repair information.
- On the Repair data tab, enter the repair cost based on the following parameters:
For the Labor field, either enter the amount or the number of hours. The system automatically calculates the total cost based on the predefined number of hours and hourly rate.
- Bill of Materials: Enter bill of material details regarding parts, labor, and miscellaneous information. The system automatically prepopulates the total cost details based on the provided quantity of the particular part or the percentage of the amount that is being requested for the prior approval.
- Cost: Enter amounts in the Parts, Labor, and Miscellaneous fields.
- No cost/Others: Select this to indicate that no cost is required for the prior approval request. Only the repair information is submitted to the approver.
- Review the provided information.
- Click o send the prior approval request to an approver.
Previous topic Prior approval case type Next topic Creating a prior approval using pre-authorization