Creating a prior approval using pre-authorization
A dealer predefines a repair order in the pre-authorization or configures a prior approval program to plan for an exceptional scenario, for example: an issue that needs a manufacturer's approval. A pre-authorization or a prior approval program is updated every time a dealer or repair technician creates a repair order.
Pre-authorization is an evaluation of the data that a repair technician enters in a repair order. The data is used in both Warranty and Auto Warranty applications to determine if a particular repair needs pre-authorization before it is completed. After the Warranty administrator creates the pre-authorization program, pre-authorization rules are applied individually to each repair line. If one repair line waits for an authorization, the system receives and processes another repair line. If the repair order parameters match those in the program, the system creates a Prior approval case. Whenever an exceptional scenario occurs, the process flow overrides the existing flow and proceeds to the prior approval step.
- Log into Pega® Warranty as a system administrator using the WarSysAdmin operator ID.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- From the Program Type list, select Prior Approval or Pre-authorization.
- From Case/Supporting Type list, select Repair Order.
- Click .
- Configure filters, criteria, and responses based on your business needs.
- The effective date is an automatic program activation date. The end date is the automatic program deactivation date.
- To configure the applicable regions that are connected to the program:
- Click ,select the region name and country.
- To confirm your selections, click .
- Define criteria for the program to start. Configure a qualifier and a value for the selected property type. You can add multiple criteria.
- The Equals qualifier only applies to numeric or text values.
- The EndsWith and StartsWith qualifiers only apply to text values.
- Review the provided information. To complete the assignment, click .
After the initial configuration, to create a prior approval based on the repair order, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the Pega Warranty application as a dealer. For more information on login credentials, see Operators list and description.
- Click New > Repair order. For more information, see Creating an in-shop or in-field Repair order.
A repair order remains on hold until a prior approval is resolved. If the pre-authorization program evaluates that a prior approval is not required, the repair order is created.
Previous topic Creating an online prior approval Next topic Managing a Prior approval