Use the Supplier recovery case to enter and manage supplier recovery claims. When a defect is caused by a supplied part, the manufacturer submits supplier claims to the supplier to be reimbursed for the warranty-related costs associated with the corresponding warranty claim or work order.
To create a supplier recovery claim, choose from the following options:
- Create a supplier recovery claim as a supplier manager
- Create a supplier recover claim based on the Warranty claim case. For more information, see Warranty claim case type.
- Create a supplier recovery claim based on the Inspection case. For more information, see Managing a Return authorization subcase.
The Supplier recovery claim creation process is based on the failed part that was replaced, unlike the repair order, which is based on the serial number of the product under repair.
To create the supplier recovery claim, complete the following steps:
- Log in as a supplier manager. For more information on login credentials, see Operators list and description.
- Click New > Supplier claim.
- Enter the required information, such as: failed part number, failure and repair date, warranty claim number, type, and product serial number.
After you enter the part number for the failed part, the system finds the corresponding supplier of the part and fetches the supplier responsibility ratio % for that part from the SetSupplierInfo decision table.
- Under the Repair data section, fill in the necessary details of the failure. For more information, see Repair order cost calculation. Under the Claim creation section, all of the product data is automatically populated and displayed based on the serial number.
- To finish the procedure, click .
After its submission, the recovery claim is transferred to the supplier Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). The OEM can then respond to the claim.
The Supplier recovery claim is automatically created by the system when the warranty is paid by the manufacturer. The system copies all of the required information from the warranty claim.
Supplier recovery claims are created from all warranty claims that have a status of Paid or Paid-Adjusted. These claims contain the latest data (including the bill of materials) that the approver has approved. It automates the process of the manufacturer claiming the amount from the supplier that has been paid to the dealer. The created supplier recovery claim is assigned to the appropriate supplier based on the causal part in the Warranty claim. The supplier uses the supplier recovery claim to decide whether to pay or deny the claim.
To access all of the supplier claims, log in as a supplier. For more information on login credentials, see Operators list and description.
You can create supplier recovery claims from an inspection work item based on its disposition. If the parts inspector selects and resolves the inspection with the Supplier recovery disposition status (meaning that the inspection results suggest that the supplier is at fault), the system automatically creates a supplier claim from it.
To access all of the inspection cases, log in as a supplier. For more information on login credentials, see Operators list and description.