Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Repair order data elements
The Repair order case type supports service or repair technicians with tools needed to complete the repair. It retrieves, displays, and validates the available warranty coverage.
The repair order contains the following repair data elements:
- Customer concern code – Describes the problem type that the customer faces with the selected product. It is captured when the customer describes the problem and the dealer or service advisor inputs the problem using the predefined list of customer concern codes from the database.
- Area of failure – Describes the high-level component of the product where the problem described by the customer occurs. For example, the area of failure for automobiles might be a radiator if the customer concern code was:
vehicle overheats when driven for more than 10 miles.Area of failure is captured by the dealer or service advisor after analyzing the problem and performing an inspection of the product.
- Repair type – Describes the repair that is performed to resolve the problem. The repair type is entered by the repair technician during or after the repair is completed.
- Causal code – Describes the actual cause of the problem reported by the customer. The causal code is selected from a predefined list of codes available in the database. The casual code is entered by the repair technician during or after the repair is completed.
- Causal part – Describes the actual part that caused the problem. If the reported issue was caused by a particular part of the product, the repair technician enters a part ID and description in the casual part field. The casual part is entered by the repair technician during or after the repair is completed.
- Corrective action – Describes whether the repair line needs a part replacement or if the existing part was repaired and the customer issue has been resolved. The corrective action is entered by the repair technician during or after the repair is completed.
- Replacement part - Describes whether the replacement part field is mandatory or not. If a corrective action is selected as replaced, then the replacement field is mandatory for the repair technician during the repair process.
Previous topic Repair order cost calculation Next topic Creating a repair order based on XML processing