Version 6.1 provides additional deployment and support options. See Process Commander Deployment Guides V6
- Updated installation tools — A redesigned deployment tool — the Installation and Deployment Assistant — provides improved prompting and messaging for installers who prefer a graphical user interface (GUI) approach.
- Command line install — Optionally, 6.1 can be installed using a Windows BAT file or UNIX shell script, from a command line. Installation documents present both the command line approach (which is based on Apache ANT) and the updated graphical-user-interface (GUI) approach.
- Static Assembler — For improved interactive performance, you can assemble and compile Process Commander's standard rules through a command-line facility, as an optional step during installation. If this step is skipped during installation, it can be performed later.
- Mini-boot — 6.1 has improved start-up time and initial response compared to V5.X systems, achieved through internal architecture changes.
- Organizational setup — A new tool lets you create a starter set of operators, access groups, and rules. (This facility was formerly known as the External Setup wizard and was available only through the PRDBUTL utility program.)
- Cluster support — Architectural changes simplify the task of starting and stopping nodes in a multi-node system. Rules initially assembled and compiled on other running nodes, are immediately available on a newly started node.
- Upgrade — 6.1 provides improvements in the speed of upgrade and in the ability to identify potential backwards-compatibility issues.
- Update Manager and Hotfix Installer — Using a built-in screen flow and a hotfix catalog (downloaded from the PDN), you can scan your system to identify 6.1 hotfixes that are applicable to your system, and install them directly.
- Import JAR files — Using the Import gadget, you can now directly import JAR files as well as ZIP archives. The JAR files are saved in the PegaRULES database and become available on the Java compiler classpaths. This enhancement eliminates the time and effort required to undeploy and redeploy the WAR file or EAR file.