For system administrators, these facilities simplify configuration and operations:
- Rule Security Analyzer — A new utility is available to scan rules in your application to look for specific potential security vulnerabilities. See How to use the Rule Security Analyzer tool
- Gadgets — Landing page gadgets in the Org and Security category help you understand and maintain organization and security configurations, including those on the Organization, Operators, and Access Groups pages.
- Gadgets — Landing page gadgets in the System category help you understand, configure, and manage the system, including those on the Settings, Performance, and General pages.
- RuleSet Merge — The RuleSet Maintenance wizard allows you to merge RuleSet versions or move or rename a version. Users can choose to delete, or retain, source RuleSets or RuleSet Versions after the merge is complete. This feature is integrated with full-text indexing for data instance refactoring, with graceful behavior if full-text indexes are not available.
- Search/Replace a string — The Search/Replace a String tool is integrated with full-text indexes for data instance refactoring, for faster and more accurate matching.
- Rule differencing — A new tool identifies the property values that are different between two rules.
Additional enhancements aid application developers:
- Testing — The Automatic Unit Testing feature is enhanced to include activities, and flow testing facilities are improved. If you have the appropriate privilege, you can enter and execute tests, directly from a new Test Cases tab that appears on the Activity form, SOAP Service form, Flow form, Decision Table form, and Decision Tree form. See How to test flows with Automated Unit Testing
- Gadgets — Landing page gadgets in the Data Model category help you define and work with the properties and classes of your application. Gadgets address Data Tables, Database Tables, properties, and named clipboard pages.
- Field level auditing — A landing page gadget simplifies configuration of field-level auditing for work objects. See How to track changed values of work object properties using the Field Level Auditing gadget.
- RuleSet Versions — The RuleSet Version and RuleSet forms are consolidated. You can create a RuleSet and an associated version in one step. You can lock and unlock RuleSet Versions directly from the Version tab of the consolidated form.
- Collection rules — The Collection rule form is redesigned and simplified.
- Declare Trigger rules — Triggers can be activated by a change in the value of a
Page Listproperty (as well as
- Screen flow — Runtime performance of the standard harness rule Work-.TreeNavigation has been improved. No configuration changes are necessary.
- Decision tables — You can add or modify a property value in the heading row by dragging and dropping an instance from the Application Explorer.
- Performance Alerts— Five new alerts are available:
- Understanding the PEGA0037 alert - Rule assembly time exceeded threshold
- Understanding the PEGA0038 alert - Cache find synchronization time exceeded threshold
- Understanding the PEGA0039 alert - The size of a BLOB column read exceeds a threshold
- Understanding the PEGA0040 alert - Blob size written to the database exceeds a threshold
- Understanding the PEGA0041 alert - Work object written to the pr_other table