Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
PegaRULES Process Commander 6.1 Announcement - Processes
The core of every BPM application, flow processing in 6.1 incorporates these enhancements:
- Case Type rules — A new rule type controls aspects of work object processing. Covers can now contain other covers. Totals in covers can be computed automatically from details contained in the covered work objects. See:
- BPMN stencil — By selecting a BPMN Visio stencil, you can create flow diagrams that closely match the appearance and notation used in Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) diagrams.
- Flow editing — When editing a flow rule in Visio, you can drag flow, flow action, decision, activity, and service level rules from the Application Explorer onto the diagram. See How to add rules from the Application Explorer to a flow in Visio
- Flow editing — When you place a flow shape such as an Assignment, Utility, or Decision on a connector, the existing connector automatically connects to the new shape and a new connector arrow appears that leads from the new shape to the next shape. This eliminates the need to manually re-connect and add arrows.
- Flow editing — Indicators on connectors show whether there are associated When, Status, or Else conditions, or likelihood settings.
- Swim lanes — Swim lanes can be applied horizontally as well as vertically.
- Gadgets — Landing page gadgets in the Process and Rules category help you learn about, and maintain, flow processing facilities in the current application, including:
- Declarative Network analysis
- Process Explorer
- Flow Errors
- Field-level auditing — See How to track changes to a top-level property in a work object
- Process optimization — A new tool allows process architects to identify and isolate the factors that may govern, or statistically correlate with, user decisions (as recorded by their choices of flow action). The tool analyzes the history of resolved work objects. When appropriate conditions are met, you can automatically create a decision rule to be incorporated in the flow, bypassing the assignment for certain cases, or eliminating the assignment altogether.