Extensive new reporting features are available, emphasizing ease-of-use and development of reports by managers.
- Report Definition rules— A new rule type simplifies creation of reports and charts. Although a rule form is available, many changes to a report definition rule can be made interactively by managers or developers who interact directly with the runtime display. See:
- Association rules — Through a new rule type, developers can define relationships among properties in two classes. These rules support report definition rules by simplifying SQL JOIN-type operations. Several standard association rules are available. See When and how to create association rules
- PDF output — The quality of Portable Document Format output from V5 reports (list view and summary view displays) and V6 reports is improved. No configuration changes are necessary.
- Direct development — New reporting features allow managers to access and evolve reports. By interacting with the Report Viewer, they can add or remove columns, change the title, change the selection criteria, and change the appearance, while seeing the results immediately. Their changes automatically update the associated Report Definition rule.
- Report Browser — A new display allows managers using the Manager composite portal to easily find reports of interest, make and personalize copies, and share them with others. Using the Report Viewer, they can interact with the report to add or hide columns, sort, and export to PDF or to Microsoft Excel. See Using the Report Browser to share reports
- List Views and Summary Views — Reports and charts produced by list view rules and summary view rules remain available and work as in earlier releases.