More detailed and efficient debugging of autopopulated properties
Tracer results now include more detailed information about autopopulated properties, for example the metadata of autopopulated properties, which can help you debug your application faster. Also, a new logger category pxAutoPopulate is available in Admin Studio by default, so that you can capture metadata that the autopopulated properties hold at run time, and better target your troubleshooting process.
Fine-tuning configuration settings with different values for each production level
You can now create a configuration setting with different values for each production level. With this enhancement, you get more flexibility in your configuration. For example, you can differentiate the configuration values for:
- Service endpoint and access tokens for integration
- Email configuration, port, and server address specifications.
- Authentication profiles for integrations.
For more information, see Creating configurations.
Unsupported prjsr166*.jar library removed
For improved security and performance, Pega Platform version 8.7 no longer includes the
prjsr166*.jar library, as Static Application Security
Testing (SAST) scanners skip this unsupported library. Additionally, current Java
versions starting with Java 6 include the content of the
prjsr166*.jar library by default in a safer and improved
prjsr166*.jar library includes the following .jar files:
- Upgrade impact
prjsr166*.jarlibrary is no longer present in Pega Platform. If any of your rules reference classes from these .jar files, you might face issues.
- What steps are required to update the application to be compatible with this change?
- Exclude usage of classes from removed .jar files. For example, if you use an Arrays class from these .jar files, such as com.pega.jsr166backport.java.util.Arrays, use java.util.Arrays instead.