Learn more about the newest features available in Pega Platform's intuitive low-code environment for creating mobile apps. With Pega Mobile, you can quickly build apps that feature a modern run-time UI, ensuring a great experience for your mobile users.
Pega Mobile Client improvements for Cosmos React apps
The Cosmos React apps that you build in Pega Platform and then distribute among your users, now include the following features:
- Editable lists of records in forms and views
- Users can now access and edit lists of records that appear in the app views and forms. Lists of records enhance the mobile experience by presenting complex data in a convenient and user-friendly way.
- Enhanced search experience
- Cosmos React apps now feature an out-of-the-box search gadget. The improved search gadget provides results that match the ones in the web version of the application. Mobile users can also filter the results to narrow down their search and find what they need even faster.
- Support for rich text fields
- You can now add rich text fields to your mobile app. With rich text
fields, users format text to make it clearer and easier to read, for
example, by including bold and italic font types, lists, and in-line
For more information about configuring rich text fields, see Configuring a Rich text editor control.
- Improved parameterized data pages in forms
- To provide users with up-to-date data, controls that reference parameterized data pages now refresh automatically when one of the parameters changes. The improvements also include a new fallback mechanism that ensures a more reliable experience when loading data pages from the data_views endpoint.
Support for building apps as Android App Bundles
As of August 2021, Google Play Store requires that you submit new apps in the Android App Bundle publishing format instead of the APK format. You can now build Pega mobile apps in the Android App Bundle format so that they comply with this new requirement.
For more information about generating installation packages for Pega mobile apps, see Building mobile apps. For more information about the Android App Bundle publishing format, see the Android for Developers documentation.
This feature is also available in Pega Platform versions 8.6.1 and 8.5.5.
Fields available in offline case overview
In Theme Cosmos offline-enabled mobile apps, fields from the default case description view are now visible on the case overview page. Previously, the case overview page in offline mode did not display fields from custom or dynamic views. The offline-enabled apps also display fields according to their field type. With this enhancement, offline users can see the same basic details of a case as online users.
Modernized Client for Windows now supports Theme Cosmos applications
Pega Platform version 8.7 offers a modernized version of Client for Windows that now supports both Theme UI-Kit and Theme Cosmos offline-enabled applications. For more information, see Pega Client for Windows overview.